Turf Management Under Lockdown
Our objective with this fairway trial is to research and test ways that, with the COVID19 lockdown enforcing minimised access and resources (the inputs) how we can maximise the effectiveness of turf managment (the outputs).
Minimum Input : Maximum Output
- Primo Maxx & Qualibra - the benefits. And the benefits especially in times like these.
- GDD (Growing Degree Days) versus Standard Primo Programmes – highlighting effects on UD Bermuda (Kayla - work through GDD, Dr Dannenberger presentation from TT in 2016
- Stadiums - some renovating, some not.
Trial details: Willem to complete
- Primo every 2 weeks at 1lt/HA
- Quailbra / Kelpak every 4 weeks at 1lt/HA
Evaluated Weekly for:
- Quality / growth - at 4mm(?)
- Phyto and
Push up green,
Plots 2x1 metre,
Irrigation (infrequent / heavy mix),
Fertilizer: Only 20lt/HA and 10lt/HA Kelpak
3 plots Primo, 1 plot no Primo
400ml/HA Primo every 7 days